The Air Jordan 1 High OG ‘What The Doernbecher’ combines elements from every past Air Jordan Doernbecher release.
Due to the pandemic, the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital could not meet with the new designers. So, they asked all 14 of the previous designers to come together for this special iteration.
This Air Jordan 1 comes in a mismatched theme while using elements from each of the past releases.
What The Air Jordan 1 Doernbecher Breakdown:
- Air Jordan 9 Designed by Oswaldo Jimenez – Tip, Mudguard, and Eyestay
- Air Jordan 5 Designed by Isaac Arzate – Toe Box
- Air Jordan 3 Designed by Cole Johanson – Collar
- Air Jordan 4 Designed by Isaiah Scott – Mid-Panel
- Air Jordan 6 Designed by Jordan Dark – Heel Foxing
- Air Jordan 2 Designed by Sheridan Brenton – Paisley Pattern on the Collar
- Air Jordan 12 Designed by Carissa Navarro – Outsole of the Left Shoe
- Air Jordan 1 Designed by Tony Taylor – Swoosh, Heel Tab, Stitching
- Air Jordan 14 Designed by Ethan Ellis – Quarter of the Right Shoe
- Air Jordan 7 Designed by Damien Phillips – Heel Tab
- Air Jordan 8 Designed by Caden – Collar Overlay and Outsole
- Air Jordan 15 Designed by Donovon Dineen – Tip and Swoosh
- Air Jordan 10 Designed by Daniel Peña – Eyestay
- Air Jordan 13 Designed by John Charles – Toe Vamp
In honor of the 17th year of the program, only 17 pairs of the Air Jordan 1 ‘What The’ Doernbecher was created. The first Air Jordan I ‘What The’ Doernbecher, with a custom lasered box, was auctioned off during the Virtually Freestyle event on February 25th.
Air Jordan 1 What The Doernbecher Auction
17 pairs of the Air Jordan 1 Doernbecher ‘What The’ was created. However, only one pair will be given to the highest bidder. The other 16 pairs will go up for auction via eBay on February 26th, at 12 PM PST until March 3, 2021. Bidding for the first pair will end tonight at 9 PM PST. Currently, the price has reached over $1.5 Million. Below, you can check out more images that will give you a closer look.
All sales will benefit OHSU Doernbecher patients and staff in various ways – from the delivery of advanced clinical treatment to the emotional support that helps lift spirits and spread hope.
Update (3/3): Doernbecher has announced that the 17 pairs of the ‘What The’ Air Jordan 1 will be available via auction on eBay starting March 2nd at 12 PM PST. The auction will run until Sunday, March 7th at 12 PM PST. All proceeds from the auction will benefit the OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital.
Air Jordan 1 What The Doernbecher
eBay Action: March 2 – March 7, 2021
Virtual Action: February 25, 2021