Emphasizing its presence at the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, Nike introduces the Nike+ FuelStation at the city’s Clapham Common.
LONDON, UK (July 2012): Today, Nike opened the Nike+ FuelStation at Clapham Common – a digitally enabled sporting clubhouse designed to inspire London’s athlete community to #makeitcount. Following the launch in March of the Nike+ FuelStation at Boxpark – a unique digitally enabled retail space – Nike is bringing the FuelStation concept direct to the athlete in their own sporting playground.
The Nike+ FuelStation brings premium experiences and services directly to London’s athletes, helping to enable every athlete to be the best they can be. The innovative space is fully NikeFuel enabled, motivating athletes to be more active throughout the day. Located on the south side of Clapham Common – one of London’s top sporting areas – Nike+ FuelStation offers the following:
- One-to-one consultation with real athletes who are hand-selected from the local communities
- A ground-floor Nike+ Innovation Zone: a digitally enabled space which brings to life Nike+ experiences and allows runners to join Nikeplus.com and be part of the world’s largest running community
- A Nike+ Trial Zone where athletes can try out the latest Nike+ Digital Sports products for free – these include Nike+ Running, Football and Training footwear, the Nike Training Club App, and Nike+ FuelBand trials
- First-floor NIKEiD terminals where consumers can design their perfect footwear and apparel with the help of experienced Design Consultants and order product directly via nikestore.com
- Regular Nike+ Run Clubs offering local runners a free running club on their doorstep
- Dedicated and free daily Nike Training Club classes led by top Nike Master Trainers
- A calendar of unique Nike brand experiences throughout the summer
Gino Fisanotti, Marketing Director Nike UK & Ireland said: “Nike is enabling and inspiring athletes to be the best they can be by offering premium services and experiences at this unique digitally enabled sporting clubhouse. Located at the heart of one of London’s key sporting communities, the Nike+ FuelStation at Clapham Common inspires athletes of every level to be passionate about sport and do more.”
Designed in-house by the Nike Brand Design team, the space is 384 m², and combines futuristic design and architecture with sustainable features including exterior floors created using a raw material made from recycled athletic shoes known as Nike Regrind. Stunning visuals of runners are diamond cut into the solid steel elements of the exterior to create inspiring imagery of local athletes. The digitally enabled interior features plasma screens housing the NikeFuel Stream. The Fuel inspiration continues outside where an LED lighting unit features the red to green transition of earning NikeFuel.
Nike+ FuelStation at Clapham Common is open now at Nightingale Walk, SW4 9AE. Visitnike.com/makeitcount to find out more about the services and experiences available from the space.