With the Converse CONS Spring 2014 collection in stores and online as we speak, Converse CONS is extending its reach with the launch of a new CONS project – Los Angeles – that focuses in on the creative process of music, art, style and sport.
Through workshops and interactive activities, this West Coast initiative aims to inspire the next generation of creators.
As the CONS Project initiative continues to the West Coast, CONS Project: Los Angeles will take place at 828 South Main Street in downtown Los Angeles to coincide with the Feb. 14 launch of the Converse CONS Spring footwear collection, now at Converse retailers worldwide and on Converse.com.
“Converse is thrilled to bring the CONS Project to Los Angeles and provide something useful to the community that helps spark their creativity,” said Ian Stewart, Converse Vice President of North America Marketing. “Our goal in Los Angeles is to provide interactive forums, run by notable creatives in L.A. Culture, that will inspire ambition and push the creative limits for our consumers.”
Hosted over the course of two weekends, the CONS Project: Los Angeles workshops will offer tangible, hands-on lessons for local youth ranging from ages 16 and up, at no cost. The first weekend will consist of interactive workshops led by an expert roster of renowned legends and up-and-coming superstars focusing on specific themes within the CONS lifestyle.
To register for the workshops and view the complete CONS Project: Los Angeles. Entrants will register to apply for up to 100 spots per workshop.
Friday, February 21
- Art Battles: “Street” drawing battles hosted by art collective Secret Walls
Saturday, February 22
- DIY Merch: DIY promotion skills for starting a band/brand with musician Sam James Velde, record label Burger Records, band The Shrine, and skateboarder Don “Nuge” Nguyen
- Music Video: How to make a music video featuring directors and producers of OMG Cameras Everywhere including Issac Ravishankara, Aaron Brown, and Evan Cohen
Sunday, February 23
- Zine: How to create a street culture relevant ‘zine with rapper Alexander Spit, photographer Brick Stowell and artist REMIO
- Skate Video: How to produce a skateboarding video with Six Stair producers and CONS Skateboarding Ambassadors Kenny Anderson, Louie Lopez and other CONS skateboarders
The following weekend on March 1, Converse will host a closing event at 828 South Main Street where the work created from the CONS Project workshops will be exhibited. The collaborative art, film, skate and music exhibition event will also have music provided by Los Angeles-based DJ’s.