New Balance releases this extremely comfortable and smooth colorway of the 880v3 “Green Gecko”. The 880v3 sports a beautiful overlay of neon green mesh that basically covers most of the portion of the sneaker. Coming from reviews, this New Balance features the ACTEVA lit cushioning system which makes the “Green Gecko” one of the most comfortable running performance shoes out to date. The white and lime mid/bottom sole,accented with geometric designs, fits very accordingly to the style of this footwear. The bottom of the 880v3 has a blown rubber system that helps on initial impact after every step and gives an extra grip when taking sharp cuts around corners. That is definitely a huge plus for those of you that live in city-like areas.
Below is listed some positives and negatives about the 880v3; reviewed by Gear Institute. As a sneakerhead, it is always necessary to try out sneakers, like the New Balance 880v3, for yourself in order to be able to judge the comfort, speed, and value of the sneaker.
- Really smooth and stable for a big-cushion trainer
- Pared back, semi-minimalist upper lightens the load—just 11.3 ounces
- Plenty of crash pad for high-impact heel strikers (no bottoming out)
- Moderately responsive and energetic for such a cushy shoe
- A little flimsy in the upper—hard to get a snug fit
- Narrower feet might find the last a bit high-volume
- High-heel forces heel striking (as any 12mm-drop shoe would)
In order to judge for yourself, check out New Balance retailers and on-line here to get yourself a pair as they are available now. A couple of new color-ways are scheduled to hit shelves soon so stay tuned at SneakerFiles to be updated.